Saturday, June 12, 2010

Putting one foot in front of the other - from Greg and Melody

Last night a friend of mine posted on his blog. He just started chemo for the second time - this is his second bout with cancer. He wrote just a little about the struggles and talked about putting one foot in front of the other. His girlfriend's reply was amazing. He has quite a girl. I asked her if I could share it. She laughed and said I could though she didn't think it was anything great. It was great, though. It was a great encouragement to me and I know it will be to other too.

Sometimes I wish I could do more than put one foot in front of the other - literally leap a couple miles ahead and be done with some of the hard things that are in the way. But...I know that He promises to give us strength for the journey. That means we still have to walk it - but we will be able to make it to the end. He "gives strength to the weary" and also "renews their strength". (Isaiah 40) It never runs out and we can't reach an allotment. It is continually renewed.
"Do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
One foot in front of the other...Not an easy thing to do. It takes faith, knowing that we are heading somewhere and that it is worth pressing on towards. Trust, because we can't see where we are going. "We walk by faith not by sight." But we continue to walk...
Thankfully, you don't have to do this alone. Not only will God always walk beside you, but I'm not going anywhere either! :) <3

1 comment: