Thursday, March 13, 2008

Annual Lordship Assembly

My family attended the annual Lordship Assembly in Union City, IN this week. We had a wonderful time as we always do! I think there were about 11 pastors there. It seems every year keeps getting better. There were a few sermons that really stood out to me. Pastor Ben Mott preached a sermon on the Crucifixion that I don't think I will ever forget. It was SO powerful. I am so thankful that God has placed these pastors and their families in my life. They are so dear to me.
There didn't seem to be as many people singing or playing instruments this year, so my family did most of it. Pastor Townsend sang a few songs. Pastor Shepherd requested that he sing The Captain song. That is one of my favorites that he does. Bethany was supposed to play a song with Jonathan and me the last night but we ended up not being able to. I was very disappointed. That meant that Bethany didn't get to play at all. :( One family from Cornerstone sang and played one song. When Monica, Jonathan and I started to play Leaning on the Everlasting Arms and our instruments were way out of tune! We played about two measures and I stopped everyone and said we had to tune! It was terrible! Of course, all the pastors, in typical fashion, started bantering jokes back and forth. We eventually got them tuned and played the song with out any major errors after that. Later on that same evening though, I tried to play Come Thou Fount and my violin was HORRIBLY out of tune! I don't know what happened to it. I don't usually have problems with my violin getting out of tune. But, what ever the case it was really bad. But, since I had already stopped once that night I didn't want to stop again. That was probably a mistake. I think just about everyone thought it sounded terrible (unless of course they were tone deaf!). When we were practicing a song to sing Wednesday morning, Pastor Mott walked up and started reading the words over my sisters shoulder and singing along with us. Jonathan asked him if he would like to sing with us later, so he said he would. It was SO much fun. I think he enjoyed singing with us as much as we enjoyed singing with him. It was so funny when he walked up to sing because he walked over to my dad and shook his hand and gave him a hug and said he was joining the family! He is an absolute riot.
Tuesday afternoon the ladies went to lunch at the chocolate factory in Union City. Bethany and I walked there since it isn't too far from the church. We enjoyed the beautiful day and our time together. Some times after the ladies luncheons all the ladies will go shopping or do some sort of activity, but this year I think everyone just decided they would rather just rest and visit. Though, I think a few ladies went shopping.
After the last service Wednesday night, the Wassons, Townsends and my family went to Bouser's Barn for our annual farewell get together. It is always fun but kind of sad too since we know that we will be saying good bye in just a few minutes!
We are already looking forward to the ELC conference in August. I am learning not to wish away time though. It slips by far to fast as it is.

No comments: