Sunday, May 3, 2009

Locked In

Here is a letter I wrote to Bethany about a month ago. I have been meaning to post it and I just never made it priority. I have a LOT of posting to catch up on.

I guess now is as good of a time to write as any. I am locked in my bedroom and I haven’t the foggiest idea how to get out. I was ironing some fabric that I was getting ready to cut. Dorothy’s ironing board is on the back of the bedroom door. I pushed the door all the way closed not realizing that the door knob was coming off. When I went to twist the knob it twisted but didn’t grab anything. So her I am. I can’t yell for Dorothy because she would never hear me. I can’t climb out a window because  there are bars on all of them. I just have to figure out how to open the door.

The bars on one of the windows are on hinges and has a padlock. I guess I will just have to go through everything until I find that key.I am hoping when Dorothy gets hungry she will realize I am missing. The problem is that will be at least an hour . Maybe a lot longer than that, you don’t know with her.

Are you laughing yet? If you are reading this letter it means I found my way out. J

The bright side is it gave me (or made me) the chance to get my room all straightened up. There is always a bright side to everything!

Here I have filled a whole card and only told you one thing! And the drama has just begun. I have yet to tell you how I got out. I guess I should go see if I can figure that part out…

Guess what?! I stopped writing, opened a drawer, saw a box, opened it up, and guess what was inside? Keys! Too bad none of them worked for the padlock. I then found a box wih a wallet inside. Guess what was in that? Yep! A key. Too bad it was a house key. On to the closet. I found a bucket of pennies with some keys on top. Guess what? An other house key and a garage key. I did find some pictures of the three oldest Portukalian boys when they were little. J

A bag – an other key. But I bet you can’t guess this time. ;) It doesn’t work. What is it with this lady and keys? A box with a key chain, (none of which work of course) and $16.50 in silver dollars and half dollars. One of them was dated 1882. How do you like my inventory?

OK, Bethany, the adventure has worn off and I am getting bored and hungry. I could hear my cell phone ringing but I couldn’t get to it. I have gone through all the drawers and tried to figure out how to take the hinges off,  but they have been painted over too many times. I fed a long incense thing down behind the latch and put the curved end of a Bobbie pin  in to pull the end out so I could make a loop; I was trying to be able to pull the latch but that plan didn’t work. I guess I am not a a very good McGyver.

I think I might have a soluion! I hear a lawn mower and weed eater. It is the guy mowing our yard. If I can get their attention I can tell them to ring the door bell and tell Dorothy what is going on!

So that idea didn’t work either. The men never came into view of my window. I finally just diceded to take a nap.

I woke up and tried the incense thing again. Guess what?! This time it worked I pushed in on the door while pulling on the incense stick and it popped open. All in all I think it was about two and a half hours. When I went out to see Dorothy she hadn’t missed me!

 


1 comment:

Hannah said...

That's funny,Rhonda! Yes i started laughing when I read you cleaned up your room,I guess it would it be an appropriate thing to do while you are waiting.