Sunday, May 3, 2009

Meeting a Cousin

My dad has a cousin that lives about an hour from where I am living. When I found out I was coming out here we decided we wanted to meet. I have heard of her all my life but had never gotten to meet her. We discussed different options of when and where to get together. It ended up being the best for me to drive over to a ladies banquet her church was hosting. 
I drove over yesterday morning. That was the farthest east I had ever been in California. It was a beautiful drive even if the sun wasn't shining. I would love to have been able to look at more things but when you are driving it is kind of important to keep your eyes on the road. :)
The banquet was very nice. After the banquet I went home with Gay (my dad's cousin). I got to meet her husband and son. We had a grand time just chatting and getting to know each other. I spent the whole afternoon there and didn't head home until about 5. We hope to get together again sometime while I am out here.

1 comment:

Stephanie Cosby said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I can't wait to meet her when we are out there in a few weeks! :D