Monday, July 5, 2010

Be Still

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10
When I was about 13, I wrote down a bunch of verses on different paper and then hung them on the closet wall at the end of my bed. This verse was one of them. I have been thinking of it a lot recently, and it often makes me think of this song by Ron Hamilton.

In the stillness of this moment,
In the darkness of this night,
I can hear a voice so tender,
I can see a wondrous light.

Be still and know that I am God,
Be still and know I am God,
Come find your strength in the quiet place;
Be still and know.

In the stillness of this moment, Heaven's glory I can see;
Shining forth in brilliant splendor, God's creation speaks to me.

Be still and know that I am God,
be still and know I am God.
Come find your strength in the quiet place;
Be still and know.



No comments: