Friday, July 9, 2010

A little over a month ago I was riding in the car for several hours. I was struggling with some circumstances that had just come my way. I got my Bible out and a notebook (two things that go very well together) and started looking up verses. I think I was looking up verses on trust. I am not really sure though because I would read a whole passage and sometimes the verse that jumped out at me wasn't the one I had looked up. I copied down some and here are a couple.
First is a well known verse from Job:

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him.
Job 13:15

That is such a perfect reminder that no matter what is happening in our lives, we can trust God because He is working though all things to conform us to the image of Christ (Rom. 8:28-29).


The next verse was a few verses after a very well known passage, but one I hadn't really noticed before:

Delight thyself also in the Lord and he shall give the the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
(then skipping a verse)
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him.
Psalm 37:7

Resting and waiting patiently on the Lord? Oh! Not my strong points. We are back to sanctification again. God will direct our lives to make us like Christ.

Someday we will be like Christ.


No comments: