Monday, November 8, 2010

I planned to post about my adventures Saturday night, but right now my heart is too heavy with infinitely more important things.
Our close friend, Greg Wallace, is going in for surgery in the morning. Very, very serious surgery. Please pray with us for Greg, his family, and his girlfriend, Melody.

Dear family and friends,

Today at the Cancer Treatment Center here in Zion I had final consultations and tests done, as well as insertion of a filter to prevent possible clots from traveling to my heart and lungs. Tonight I have some final preparations yet to ready myself for tomorrow.

We will be checking into the hospital about 7am, surgery will begin at 9am, and is expected to last 8-10 hours. After that I will be in ICU, and I will remain sedated for a total of about 24 hours. I basically won't know that Tuesday happened. In the interim, though, my parents who are here with me, my siblings at home, and so many more who are praying for me, will be the ones who are worried. Bring your burdens to the Lord, because He hears and will give you peace.

Evening and morning, and at noon, I will pray and cry aloud; and He shall hear my voice. - Psalm 55:17

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7

The surgeon Dr. Brown will have big decisions to make when he is in there. On Wednesday we had a great consultation with him, and he was very good at both listening and explaining, so that I could make the best choice and give him clear direction with my preferences. He is reputed to be very thorough in his approach and that is a very good thing. Pray that he is able to discern what to remove and what to leave. This is really my number one concern about this surgery.

I will be incommunicado for the next several days, so expect updates to the Facebook group via my sister Jill as she has time. I brought my laptop with me, and once I'm up to it, will email you all again to let you know how I'm doing.

Thank you all once again for your persistent prayers. I have really been touched by the number of people encouraging me & my family and praying regularly, including friends of friends and people I do not even know. Tomorrow is a big day in my search for health, and I know that hundreds, possibly into the thousands, are interceding on my behalf. Blessings to you all.

In God's hands,
Greg

No comments: