Monday, November 15, 2010

Pointing to Christ

When I visited my friend Tiffany a little over a week ago I got have some extra conversation time with her due to my unexpected over night stay. It was a great time, as visits with Tiffany always are.
She told me about an area where God has been dealing with her over the last couple of years. It really stuck in my mind.
She talked about how we should constantly be pointing to Christ in all our life. Whether it is a brief conversation with someone you meet at a conference, or a close friendship, our motives should not be to bring focus to ourselves to but Christ.
I fail to do that so often. I let selfishness reign in my heart. I put my wants in front of what is best for others, and worse yet, in front of honoring God.
I am reading a book called "The Pursuit of Holiness" right now. It has really been convicting me about my personal responsibility to fight sin, and in so doing, pursue holiness.
Oh, how thankful I am that God patiently guides us!
So, I ask my friends to forgive me where I have failed. As I grow in grace I will strive to point to Christ all the more.

1 comment:

AboveAllRubies said...

oh! Thank you for sharing this! It is definitely something we ALL need to hear and put into practice! =) Good friends with wisdom are such a blessing.