Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14 - Shayne

First of all, Summer was released from the hospital last night. Praise the Lord for that!

My dad has been working with a young man named Shayne for about four years in his jail ministry. I won't go in to all his story right now because it is rather long. He had problems with drugs for a while. He has been doing well. He has had a job and working hard and making progress with his life. Kaylynn, Shayne's wife, called this morning and said Shayne was in the ER.
Dad went to the hospital and when he got there Shayne was in the ICU. I guess what happened was he has been drinking 5 Hour Energy at work. Then one of his coworkers offered him something. I have no idea what it was. Dad said it wasn't a controlled substance. Whatever it was was legal. Whoever gave it to him told him to snort it. People, just don't snort stuff! It's just stupid... Okay, back to my story.
I guess the energy drink and the Unknown-Snorted-Substance didn't have a good reaction when mixed. Dad said it almost killed him and he isn't out of the woods yet.
Please pray for both Shayne and Kaylynn.
Sorry this post sounds so jumbled. I don't have much time and want to get it posted.

2 comments:

Savories of life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Savories of life said...

The last post got lost got lost. I do not e-mail much but I will think about it. The books look great .