Monday, October 20, 2008

Combine Rides

I have decided it is along past time for a post. It isn't that there haven't been plenty of things to post about, just nothing I wanted to post about. I started a few times but didn't get far.
Beckisue, Grandma, our neighbor's foreign exchange student Lisa, and I all went to visit the Smiths farm to ride in the combine. It was a beautiful day and we were all looking forward to it. The sun was shining brightly and it was warm. By the time we got to the Smiths the temperature had dropped and it was raining! Go figure.
That didn't stop us from having a good time though. Lisa and I rode with Mr. Smith first. Everything was totally  new to Lisa. She has never seen a farm before. It is fun to just ride and chat. I always enjoy getting to visit with Mr. Smith.
While we were riding Mr. Smith asked if Grandma wanted to ride, too. I said I didn't think she could get in the combine. He said (in totally his "Mr. Smith" way) "Sure she can!" So when we were done, Mr. Smith asked Grandma if she would like to ride. She lit up like a Christmas tree. She climbed the ladder with out too much difficulty. She absolutely loved her ride. Farming has changed a lot since she was on the farm in Nebraska! I am glad she had the opportunity, who knows what next year will hold.

No comments: