Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing special was going on this morning. Dad, Mom and Amanda all had to go to town. Beckisue left for work as usual and the rest of us (which was Monica, Stephanie and me) were home doing normal, run-of-the-mill kind of stuff. Since there were just three of us we didn't really fix lunch. We each just got what we wanted to eat. I got my lunch and was emailing while I ate. Monica was finished with her lunch and she called in from the sewing room and asked me what I was doing with the fabric on the cutting counter. I told her I wasn't doing anything with it and she could just fold it up and move it. Then she said "just come in here for a minute. I need you." So I walked in there... I couldn't believe my eyes. I just stared. It took a couple of seconds for it to even register in my mind what I was seeing. Or should I say "who I was seeing"? Right there in front of me was Tiffany!! She told me that she was going to surprise me one of these days. No one was going to know she was coming. She was just going to show up. I didn't know it would be so soon! And then an other surprise! Her family was here too! That is actually why they were here. Her dad had a class in Indianapolis that he had to take this week so they decided to all come along (if the company is paying all expenses why not?).
We were totally unprepared for company. I was a mess, the house was a mess, but we didn't care! I hadn't even fixed my hair yet!
My first thought when I heard her family was here was "And it is still harvest time!" After we visited here for a while we headed up to the Smith's farm so the kids could ride in the combine. They were SO cute. When I got Chase (age 5) out of the car I helped him put his jacket on and then took him over to get in. I thought he would be a little hesitant to get in at first because he didn't know Mr. Smith so I started to introduce him. He didn't need any introductions. Right up the ladder he went! He was ready to go! Mom rode with him and said he never stopped talking the whole time!
While they were riding the rest of us headed to watch the semi being unloaded. We figured the kids would enjoy that too.
When Mr. Smith started in a new field Tiffany and I rode together. That was a lot of fun. I think Tiffany is as excitable as the kids are! She kept saying "It is just like stepping into Farm and Ranch Magazine!"
The whole day was tons of fun. All the kids enjoyed the farm. The only problem with the day is it went too fast! But as Bethany says "It is so we can enjoy the memories sooner." And as Tiffany would say "We made jolly memories!"

2 comments:

Stepheny said...

How fun! I love it when friends drop by! Hopefully... maybe next year or month or something you can come here. We are only about a half hour away from you guys!!! Can't wait to meet you and Stephanie!

Steph

BSBT said...

:) Glad you have such a good friend that will come and see you every now and then, very unlike me.... =~] JK

I am glad you had fun with her and the family being there though! :)