Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Sound of Music

Many months ago Beckisue started telling us that The Sound of Music was going to be at Beef and Boards in Indianapolis. She decided that we should all go for her birthday since it was in November. We were all excited about it and Beckisue put together a whole group of people. There were 24 all together.
Today was the day. Michelle, one of the ladies in our church (not my sister-in-law) came to our house this morning and rode as far Logansport with us and then we met an other friend and rode down with her. It was fun to be able to spend the time going and coming with friends.
We visited a while before we started eating. The buffet was good. There was a salad bar (with basically no veggies! which was no fun), pasta, broccoli and cheese, potatoes (which were very unique and very good) chicken, fish sticks, and roast beef. The roast beef was not anywhere near being fully cooked, and I don't like fish, so I stuck with chicken, which is my favorite most of the time anyway! :)
At first I wasn't sure I was going to like the seats we had but after it started I realized I was really going to like them. We were sitting straight across (but below) the room from the balcany where the musicians were. We could see the pianist and the drummer a little bit. That was probably one of my favorite parts. I love watching musicians! It is such a different experience than just hearing the music. You seem to comprehend more when you can see them play.
Plays are neat to watch. They are so much different than movies. There were things about this play that were very different than the movie and things that were very much the same. I was a little dissapointed with some of the voices. Of course, when you are used to hearing Julie Andrews sing those songs most voices are a step backwards! However the man who played Captin von Trapp had a beautiful voice. I was dissapointed that he didn't sing anymore than he did!
It was a fun day. We are already making plans to watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers next year! :)


4 comments:

Stepheny said...

MY family went to see the sound of music about three years ago in Chicago. It was really cool!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Stepheny

BSBT said...

OK, that sounds cool and all, but I want to go next year! :D
(Like that would ever happen) =/
But my birthday is in Nov. too! :]

Can always dream can't we? =]

Stephanie Cosby said...

We would have loved for you to come, Bethany! Yes, we can always dream. (just like about that trip) :) Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is playing the end of August and through September. So we could always bring you home from the conference! ;)

Rhonda said...

That was Rhonda again. :)