Thursday, November 6, 2008

Insulation and Other Delights

Today's big project was putting insulation in the ceiling of my grandma's living room and bedroom. I can think of jobs I have enjoyed more in my life.  Of course, there are worse too. Amanda, Mom and I worked on putting a new kind of insulation under the rolled in insulation that was already there. That was a challenge. The ceiling is 4'x2' tiles. We had to cut each piece to fit on the tiles and then either slide them under the fiberglass insulation from an open space where we had removed a tile or attach them to a tile once it was out and replace the tile. Needless to say we were all very itchy by the time we were done. But thankfully it is DONE. Hopefully it will be warmer this winter!
I started teaching violin lessons again. Today was the first lesson. I haven't taught in a long time. I never really liked teaching. I wasn't confident or skilled enough I don't think. A friend asked me a few weeks ago if I would teach her so I said I would. We will see how it goes. It was kind of funny though because when she came I asked her if she had ever had violin lessons before. She said she had taken lessons from me when she was about 8 years old (which was about 7 years ago)!!! I had totally forgotten! Yikes! That is bad. She did very well. I was surprised at how well she site read! Maybe teaching will stretch my skills. That is always good.
Monica and I gave blood again tonight. It never seems like 8 weeks between times, but it is. The same thing happened tonight as happened last time. She put the needle in my arm and was like "Were'd it go?" That is NOT a good thing to hear when you have a needle sticking out of your arm!! Once it is in they aren't allowed to pull it out and try again. Once it is out, it is out for good. So she wiggled it around trying to find the vein. But no such luck. She had to call an other lady over (which again is the same thing that happened last time) and she moved it and found the vein immediately. (don't get too squeamish Pastor Townsend, it wasn't that bad) :)
I have several events that I need to post about. But I decided that since it has been a while since I just posted about a day's events I would do that tonight. Not to mention the fact I am too lazy to work on a real post. :)

No comments: