Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happenings

Here I go again - Letting far too much time go between posts. Remember last summer when I actually posted every day for a week? Well, those days have been gone for a while.
Life keeps marching on.

Last Sunday my mom, sisters, and I got to go to Union City for my friend's bridal shower. We were all so happy we got to go. I didn't think I would be able to attend Lora's bridal shower, but when I found out she was going to have one so much closer... We were all excited. We also enjoyed getting to see our friends at Cornerstone. When the party was over we went over to the Shepherd's house so we could say a quick hello to Pastor Shepherd.

Early this week, I don't remember the day for sure, our washer stopped working. Mom started looking right away for an other one. We got one today. There are a lot of details that go into how we got it, but for once I don't feel like telling every detail to a story. :) I'll just say that Mom found a 2009 model on sale at Sears for less than the 2008 models and it has two extra features that the others didn't! The salesman said that washers are coming down in price. That was good to hear!

I finished my quilt top today. I am thankful to finally have that finished. Actually, it didn't take me very long at all, I was just hoping to have it done a couple of days ago. I would have had it finished but the machine suddenly stopped working. I couldn't figure out what in the world was wrong with it. A couple of days later I showed it to my mom to see if she could figured it out. At first she gave an obvious thing to try that I had already done. Then she said "What color thread do you have on there?" I told her it was navy on top and khaki for the bobbin. Then she told me that was my problem. I looked at her like she was nuts! How in the world could the color of thread be my problem?!?!?! She said she has been told there is some sort of difference in the weight of the thread. I changed the navy thread over to khaki. Guess what?? It worked! I couldn't believe after all that the only thing that was wrong was the color of the thread! Anyway, back to the quilt. I got it basted this evening and hopefully I can start quilting it on Monday.

Last Saturday night Will came down for my Dad's class. That was an exciting time. Will gave his testimony. My dad's office was crowded! Here is the funny part. Just before the class started our electricity went out. It wasn't storming or anything. My mom gathered candles and lanterns. We all met in Dad's office by lantern light. Just after Dad and Will left the electricity came back on. It was out for two and a half hours I think.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What is the quilt for?