Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Sucharski family (a family in our church) invited us over for their Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. Talk about a huge spread! Oh my! They served turkey, fish, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, rolls, and dessert was pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, apple jack, and chocolate chip cookie bars. I am thinking there was something else but I can't remember. Oh yeah! We brought cheesy potato casserole and salad. I guess it really isn't that much more (except for there were three meats!) than we had on Thursday. It just seemed like more maybe because it was spread out all over the place. :)
There were about thirty people there. We were all tripping over each other but it was fun. Poor Kevin (one of the guests) washed all of the dishes. Every time he would think he was finally finished we would empty an other pan. :) He said "My hands used to look manly..."
We spent the evening playings games. We played Hand and Foot for a while. We play that game every time we get together. My sisters have decided it is about the most fun game they have ever played. I enjoy it but I can think of better ones. But I am in the minority so my voice doesn't count. :) After most of the people had gone home last night we did play a game that I wanted to play. We didn't get to finish though because it was getting too late. At least they know now how to play so if we ever decide to play it again they will know how.

2 comments:

spyder-slayer™ said...

U win...

Rhonda said...

I know!! Hehehehehe
I almost ended it by saying "Happy now, Bret?" But I decided not to. :)