Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Last Spring, Amanda and I listened to Robinson Crusoe on CD while we were working on a quilt. I really enjoyed it. If anyone ever needs a lesson in thankfulness - just read that book. Here is one part that stood out to me especially:

"Evil: I am cast upon a horrible, desolate island, void of all hope of recovery.

Good: But I am alive; and not drowned, as all my ship's company were.

Evil: I am singled out and separated, as it were, from all the world, to be miserable.

Good: But I am singled out, too, from all the ship's crew, to be spared from death; and He that miraculously saved me from death can deliver me from this condition.

Evil: I am divided from mankind - a solitaire; one banished from human society.

Good: But I am not starved, and perishing on a barren place, affording no sustenance.

Evil: I have no clothes to cover me.

Good: But I am in a hot climate, where, if I had clothes, I could hardly wear them.

Evil: I am without any defence, or means to resist any violence of man or beast.

Good: But I am cast on an island where I see no wild beasts to hurt me, as I saw on the coast of Africa; and what if I had been shipwrecked there?

Evil: I have no soul to speak to or relieve me.

Good: But God wonderfully sent the ship in near enough to the shore, that I have got out as many necessary things as will either supply my wants or enable me to supply myself, even as long as I live."

With that I would just like to say that there is something to be thankful for in EVERY situation. After all, giving thanks is the will of God.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friends. Many of you are more dear to me than I could express. I am so thankful for you.

Let us never cease to be thankful.


1 comment:

Stepheny said...

Hewy Rhonda...

IO have tagged you! ;)

See my blog

Steph