Friday, November 21, 2008

A Baptist Visits the Popes

Last week my sister in law called to say that Dale was working in Lexington, KY this week and wanted to know if I wanted to visit my friend Tiffany. It took a lot of effort for them to get me talked into going (tongue firmly planted in cheek).
Dale and I left Monday afternoon. We arrived at the Pope's about 6:30. The kids were all excited to see me. Christian (3) was all ready for his usual kisses. :) Of course, I was more than willing to give them.
After dinner the four kids, ages 6, 5, 3, and 3, quoted Exodus 20 for us. That is quite an accomplishment! I always enjoy hearing them quote Scripture. After the children went to bed we just visited the rest of the evening.
Nothing exceptionally special happened the next day. I just enjoyed being there with them. We talked and laughed and did this and that. It is always such a joy to be able to spend time with her. Watching Tiffany's walk with the Lord is always a blessing and a challenge.
Dale's finished his work and was back to pick me up at 6:00. Saying good bye is always sad. But I just have to remember that in order to say "good bye" I had to have said "hello" so I have to be thankful for the time I had no matter how long it was.

No comments: