Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Adventure in Holland (MI that is)

Now that almost a week has gone by I figured I should finally get around to writing a post about my adventure.
Last Wednesday my parents and I set out on a 150 mile trip across terribly snowy roads. Well... I can say that the entire 15o miles was snowy. The first half was pretty bad but after we got into MI the roads cleared up. Now what are the odds on that one???
I guess I should get around to explaining the point of the trip. My dear friend Bethany and I had been scheming for a while trying to figure out how to get together. We finally worked it out. We were going to meet half way between her house and my house and spend a while together.
We met at Perkins restaurant for lunch. We all enjoyed our dinner and laughed and talked. Dad said you could tell who was doing the talking because I was the last one eating. :)
When we were done Bethany and I decided to walk back to the row of stores that were across the parking lot. We walked the stores and did some more talking. Does that come as a surprise to any of you? We found a Christian book store. That is where we spent most of our time. We walked through the store discussing different books, authors, etc. Then we found the comfy chairs that book stores have and sat down for more good chatting. :) Our dads came in after a while. They did the same thing we did. The walked through the store looked at books, discussed some authors, and then went and sat in the chairs Bethany and I had been in when we got up to go look at some rings. My dad even sat in the chair I had been sitting in and her dad sat in the chair she had been sitting in.
Bethany and I picked out these neat rings that we really liked. We had looked at all the rings in the store (more than once!) and this one was our favorite. After a while Bethany just grabbed two of them and went and bought them. Isn't she sweet? ;)
All too soon our day came to a close. I was sad, of course, to say good bye but I was ever so thankful for the time we had gotten to spend!

No comments: