Sunday, February 15, 2009

My First Sunday in California

I missed posting yesterday. It was quite a busy morning. The nurse came and a physical therapist. It was so funny because I found out that the PT was from Kokomo, IN. That is SO close to where I live. She said she had cousins in Logansport. It is a small world. I never cease to be amazed at that.
Rob and Chrissy drove up to go to church with me this morning. We went to a church not too far from here that Rob has preached in several times. It was a Reformed Baptist Church. The service was really good. The sermon was really good. But the whole service was SO different than I am used to. There was nothing wrong with it. It will just take some getting used to if I keep going there. I really liked the pastor and his wife. They were very friendly. It is nice to know someone in the area now. The pastor gave me his number and kept telling me if I needed anything to just call. He said if I got lost just to call him. That was really nice to hear. One of my biggest fears out here is getting lost and not knowing anyone to help me. He reminded me (like I needed reminding) :) that there are places out here that you DON'T want to get lost in.
Rob and Chrissy came back to the house with me after the service. We visited for a while before they had to head back to their church for the evening service. It was nice to get to see them. I hope to see them a few more times while I am out here. We will see how it all works out.

1 comment:

Stephanie Cosby said...

We really missed you at our Church on Sunday. But I am glad you enjoyed the Church out there.