Friday, March 6, 2009

California is...

... a totally different world! I went out for a walk through the neighborhood for the first time this morning. It was SO beautiful. The temperature was just right and the sun was shining so brightly. The neighborhood where I am living is quite nice. Almost all of the houses out here are stucco. The homes are so beautiful. I wish I was good at describing things so I could tell you about it, or if I had a camera here I would just take pictures. But since neither is the case you will just have to take my word for it that is beautiful. If you go straight back from my house the hill is pretty steep so  the houses kind of look like stair steps. All the homes have a Spanish flair to them.  They have beautiful arch ways and colorful tiles. I saw a light (almost white) house this morning with pink trim. Most of the time I would gag at the very thought of pink trim on a house, but this house was so beautiful! The architecture is totally different out here - and I mean TOTALLY.
I saw several lemon trees while I was out this morning. There are citrus trees all over the place out here and no one does anything with the fruit. There is a loaded lemon tree straight across the street from my house. Chrissy told me I should just go over and ask if I could have a few of them. I am trying to get up the nerve to do that. I will probably get brave enough about the time the lemons are all dried up and ready to fall off the tree. 
Anyone want to come visit me while I am out here and go exploring???

6 comments:

Amber said...

MM!! Lemmons!! Yum!! Bring me some!! :)

spyder-slayer™ said...

not that i would know anything about your phone...but last i knew it had a camera...

spyder-slayer™ said...

yes stucco houses are beautiful, my aunt and uncle have one in phx...love it...

Rhonda said...

Sorry, MB, but I don't think the lemons would last until August!
Bret, yes my phone has a camera. But I have no way to get them on the computer. I don't have any sort of cord here. Can you blue tooh pictures to a computer?

Stephanie Cosby said...

Hey Rhonda! Sounds like you are having fun! I have taken over your room so you can stay out there for a few more months! :P JK I miss you! and I guess I will see you in just a few weeks!!!

Amanda said...

I need to come out and use some of those lemons, you now how much I love them.
In answer to your question about blue tooth verison has blue tooth locked to where you can only use it for head sets.:( I'm so glad that I have Centennial. :D