Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It has been so long since I have written a post I don't really even know where to begin! Tomorrow will be three weeks since I landed at LAX. Sometimes I can't believe it has already been three weeks and sometimes I can TOTALY believe that it has been three whole long weeks. I am finally getting into a sort of rhythm of things. I have finally gotten used to the fact that in the evening when I am watching TV Dorothy sleeps. When I go to bed she wakes up and turns the TV on VERY loudly. :) It isn't nearly as bad as it was at first. She keeps it down a little lower and I have learned to sleep through it. It was bad the first little bit when she kept turning the TV on at 1 or 2 in the morning! Yikes!
Dorothy is a sweet lady. She is so easy to please. She likes to eat just about anything, and since getting her meals is pretty much my main responsibility it is very easy!
A friend of mine has talked about a friend of hers that lives out here. When I came out to visit Rob and Chrissy a couple of years ago I wanted to get a chance to meet her but she lived too far away. When I got out here I kept thinking I should get in contact with her and find out where she lives because I couldn't remember. Sunday I was talking to my friend and she told me I should meet this girl while I was out here. She told me the name of the town where she lives. I couldn't believe it. She lives in the next town north from here. It is less than ten minutes away. Of course, out here there is no devision between one town and the next. When I talked to this girl this morning (I guess if I gave her name it would be easier to follow, it is Maryrose) she said she lives right on the border of the town where I live! Craziness! My parents and I were really hoping I would meet a girl while I was out here that I could do some things with. I have already become friends with the pastors family at the church I have been going to. They are a very sweet family and I have enjoyed getting to know them.
Dorothy has been telling me over and over and OVER again to make sure I see everything I can while I am out here. I hope to but I really hate to go a lot of places by myself. Local things I will do but I am not adventurous enough or maybe I should say stupid enough to go touring LA by my self. :) We will see what works out.

Until next time,

5 comments:

AboveAllRubies said...

I just read up on all of your posts since you have landed. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks either! Just a little over 2 months and we can have you back in Indiana! :) I'm (of course) happy you are adjusting and you enjoy Dorothy - and she, you. I'll try to keep getting on here and reading your posts. Forgive me if it takes me another 3 weeks to manage to. ;) Hehe. Take care and I shall talk with you soon. I love you, Rhonda!

Love,
Courtney

Beckisue said...

Do you want me to come out and and tour LA with you?

Unknown said...

I am glad you are getting along with Dorothy, and I am glad you get home in 9 weeks! LOL I just saw that my post was a reproduction of Courtney's!! Have a great time!


Michelle

Rhonda said...

Sure, Beckisue! I would love to have you come out and go touring with me. Dorothy keeps telling me that I have to drive along the coast while I am here. You come out and drive and I will look! Deal???
Courtney, I keep thinking I can't believe that next week it will be a third over already! Wow!
Michelle, I take it it was you that left that comment and not Dale. :) ha! Glad to know some one else does that besides me!

Amber said...

Hey Rhonda!! Hope you are having fun out there in the (??) Weather... It is in the 50's here, not sunny but Foggy, and its the kind of fog that chills to the bone... Yuck!! :P
I would be happy to drive you through LA....:) *smirks.......
Although i don't think you would get much scenery out of it. You would prolly keep looking at other cars and wondering when i would hit them. :)
I'm glad you are doing well out there and have Friends out there too.
Hope to see you as soon as i can... :)