Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Book List

At the end of last year I made a list of all the books I had read over the year. I decided to keep track of each book, the author, and the date I finished. It was fun. I think I will keep up with it. I also set a goal to read more than I did last year. Well, I can say I accomplished my goal but not by much. Last year I read 19 and this year I read 20. :)

John Newton Biography (I read it while I CA and I don't know the author)
When Dreams Come True - Eric and Leslie Ludy
Passion and Purity - Elisabeth Elliot
Taste and See - John Piper*
A Brother Beloved - Francina H. Arnold
Let Me Be a Woman - Elisabeth Elliot
The Liberty of Obedience - Elisabeth Elliot
Life as a Vapor - John Piper
Desiring God - John Piper
Filling up the Afflictions of Christ - John Piper
Letters to Karen - Charlie Shedd
Passion and Purity - Elisabeth Elliot**
The Shadow of the Cross - Walter J. Chantry
Captivating - John and Stasi Eldredge
Through the Shadowlands - Brian Sibley
In Everything Give Thanks - Terry Barnes
The Pursuit of Holiness - Jerry Bridges
The Weight of Glory - C.S. Lewis
God's Guidance - Elisabeth Elliot
Amazing Love - Corrie ten Boom

*I started it a couple of years ago then lost it. So I didn't technically read it all this year.
** I didn't make a mistake and list it twice. I read it twice.


2 comments:

Jänna said...

You inspire me. I'm going to start keeping track of all the books I read this year. :)

Rhonda said...

I had a friend that told me she did that a very long time ago. I always thought it would be too much work. It really is very easy. I just keep a page in the back of my journal and write the info down when I finish.