Sunday, January 9, 2011

Keep a Quiet Heart

Courtney let me borrow her book Keep a Quiet Heart by Elisabeth Elliot. I have been reading it the last few days and loving it. Yesterday I came across this little passage and it really stood out to me. I wanted to share. I am not sure it will mean as much not being in context but it should still be encouraging.

If we reject this cross, we will not find it in this world again. here is the opportunity offered. Be patient. Wait on the Lord for whatever He appoints, wait quietly, wait trustingly. He holds every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year in his hands. Thank Him in advance for what the future holds, for He is already there. "Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup". Shall we not gladly say, "I'll take it, lord! YES! I'll trust you for everything. Bless the Lord, O my soul!"

I might start posting little bits from my reading that stands out at me. I always have good intentions. Following through doesn't always happen.

No comments: