Friday, December 21, 2007

Heather and the Baby

Beckisue's anatomy class had an assignment to make a model of an organ. Beckisue and her study partner decided to make a uterus. While they were working on that I decided to make a model of a baby to go in it. Beckisue showed me in the book a bunch of pictures of babies at different stages. I chose 56+1 days. It turned out pretty well considering my total lack of artistic ability.
Anyway, to get to the point of the story. When I showed it to my 15 1/2 month old niece she was totally fascinated by it. She started saying "Baby, baby." It was so sweet. She wanted to hold it but I told her to just touch it so she sat there and petted it for the longest time. When she stopped looking at it for a minute I decided to put it back in the box but when she turned around she immediately wanted to see it again. The rest of the evening she wanted to have that little baby. At one point when I walked into Grandma and Grandpa's living room and she saw that I didn't have the baby in my hands, she held her hands in the air as if to say "What did you do with the baby!" So, of course, I took her back into our living room to hold it again. At one point she leaned over and kissed the head of the baby. It was about the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I guess she knows from experience that kissing is what you do to babies!

No comments: