Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Michigan

Monica and I got to go to Michigan Saturday for Marty and Rachel's wedding. I was worried that we wouldn't get to go because of bad weather or something but it worked out. I stayed at Fran's house Friday so we could leave early Saturday morning. We made good time going up. The roads were clear the whole way which we were very thankful for. We arrived at 11:45 and the wedding started at 1:00. We were able to get ready quickly and then go to the church to help with all the last minute things, which really weren't "last minute things" they were just being done at the last minute! :) It all came together and the wedding started on time. It was a very sweet wedding.
The rest of our visit was very nice. I always love visiting up there. Everyone is so friendly and I have learned to love all of them over the last few years.
Sunday evening we had to return the tuxes to the mall in Traverse City, so Molly and Jeremy, Pastor and Mrs. T., Bethany, Deb R. MaryBeth and I all went to Cracker Barrel for supper. We had a lot of fun just talking and joking and playing with Derek.
When we got home Pastor Townsend wanted us to watch Police Squad so we ended up watching three episodes. I enjoyed it because of the company I was with. Other wise they are STUPID! That just isn't my kind of humor! After that was over Bethany and I decided to watch "The Last Sin Eater". Jeremy ended up watching it with us and cracked jokes through about the first 20 minutes. After that we all settled down and watched the movie. Bethany really liked the movie and I was so glad.
Monday morning was the first time things had settled enough to just sit and talk with the Townsends. I enjoyed that time so much.
Monica arrived from John and Shannon's at about 11:15 and we managed to pry ourselves away by 11:45. I drove home and we didn't stop until we got to Fran's house. We made good time. There wasn't any traffic and the roads were clear. It didn't seem like too long of a drive.
I am very thankful that I was able to go on the trip and I am also thankful we made it safely home!

No comments: