Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Quilting and etc.

Things have been pretty monotonous around here - quilting, quilting, quilting. With some cooking, cleaning, gardening, exercise, and sewing thrown in. I think we are about half way through with the quilt. At this rate we should get finished in time, but we have several more projects we have to finish while we are doing the quilt! My sisters and I have to finish our costumes for my Heroines of History tea part which is Sunday afternoon. We all also have to write our character outlines for that. Anyone like writing and want to help me out? ;) Next week, begins the most important thing we have to get done before the wedding. I have to alter my bridesmaid dress. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get the quilt done before the wedding, but if I didn't get the dress done...
I have to tell one funny thing before I head off to bed, where I should already be. Last night my finger was so pricked from all the quilting that it was just raw. We have been using liquid bandage to help protect but after a while that doesn't even help much. After supper I decided I had to find something to help protect my finger. So, I came up with an idea - I took some of the liquid bandage (which smells and looks very much like clear nail polish) and put a little on the tip of my finger. While it was still wet I put a little scrap of paper and then coated the whole tip with the liquid bandage again. It worked! It was soft enough to prick, but hard enough to protect my finger. My finger was still so hard from it today that I never even had to cover it!
Well, I'm off to bed so I can get some rest and start all over again tomorrow.

2 comments:

BSBT said...

wow! I tell you what, wow!

Amber said...

I agree with my little Bat friend!
(BSBT) :)
Yes i know what it is from.