Friday, August 22, 2008

2008 Ecclesiastical Law Center Conference

The text somehow ended up in the middle. It is kind of frustrating but I guess everyone will just have to deal with it. :)

My family singing

Playing some solos
The Cook Family
My Uncle, Mike Hoover
Pastor Ben Mott
Volley Ball

This Monday through Wednesday we had the joy of attending the Ecclesiastical Law Center Bible Conference. It is always a highlight of the year and this year was no exception. 

We left Monday morning. We got away a lot later than I would have liked, and then we made several stops on the way up there so it seemed to take so long to get there. I was very anxious to get there. I always am but this time seemed to be so much worse since we were getting there so late. We got there in plenty of time to get ready for the services and visit with everyone though.
The first night the Cook family did several songs at the beginning of the service. Everyone enjoyed that. Then my uncle, Mike Hoover, preached the opening sermon. Pastor Ben Mott followed with a sermon on the Virgin Birth that was awesome.
After the services each evening there was food, fun, and lots of laughter and conversation. 
Tuesday morning Kevin Marshall and Phil Jonker preached.
Tuesday afternoon all the young people met at the Townsend's house and played volley ball for a long time. It was fun but there were lots of people on each team!
Tuesday evening was my family's turn to do music at the start of the services. We had practiced for a while that afternoon and Dad had decided to through a few extra songs on us. I get so unnerved when I feel unprepared for something. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does. I HAVE to get over it. Anyway, we did a couple of new songs that I absolutely love. My favorite is "How Deep The Father's Love For Us" and the other is "Complete In Thee". Both are very beautiful wonderful songs.
Dad preached as soon as we were done. Pastor Townsend followed with a sermon from Rev. 1. It was excellent and very thought provoking. He preached on Who Christ is now. Not just past or future.
Wednesday morning Bro. Mott preached again and was followed by Tim Boffey. Bro. Boffey was preaching "Christ from the Old Testament." I am not sure I have ever flipped to so many scripture passages in one sermon in my whole life!!!
Wednesday afternoon the ladies had an outing. The ladies all went to Manistee for lunch and shopping. We had a very nice afternoon. I got to ride with Loralee, Mrs. Smith, and Mrs. Shepherd. I laughed later because it seemed to be the perfect group. We all shopped about the same way. We went in did a lap around the store looking at things here and there and left. That is how I like to shop. My attention span isn't long enough to spend a lot of time in one store! 
While we were at lunch we got a phone call saying that our friend Danny was in ICU. He has cancer and we knew he wasn't doing well. Last we heard he was much better but he had suddenly taken a turn for the worse. Dad said that he would be home to see him that night. So Dad, Mom, Jonathan, and Beckisue left early. I was disappointed that they missed the last night. It is always so wonderful.
Anyway, back to Manistee... We shopped for most of the afternoon and took a walk along the river. Everything was very enjoyable. 
The last night of the conference Pastor Townsend always sings a few songs and Dr. Wright closes the conference. 
Over all the conference was wonderful. I loved every minute of it. I got to stay with my friend Bethany which was wonderful. I enjoy spending time at her house so much! The Shepherds stayed at the Townsend's also. That was a lot of fun also. Tuesday morning they had me laughing so hard I was bent over the ironing board shaking. When the Shepherds and Townsends are together it is such a riot. I love them all. :)
We left for home about 11:00 Thursday morning. It is always so sad to have to leave. I know it can't go on forever but it seems so short!


More Volley Ball

Some of us silly girls showing our very dirty feet after playing.
A picture with my dear friend, Bethany.

3 comments:

BSBT said...

It was such a great week, I loved having you here!
Even the little sleep we got was so worth having you here. :D
I would say a lot more meaningful stuff if I could think of anything, but right I don't think you'll get anything more meaningful. :~}
I just hope you can understand what I just said :]

Stepheny said...

Looks like you had fun!

Steph

Rachel said...

It was great seeing you again! :)