Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rob and Chrissy's visit

My brother, Rob, and his wife, Chrissy came for a visit on August 6-10. It was SO short but we had a good time.
They arrived very late Wednesday night/Thursday morning. So we didn't actually get to see them until late Thursday morning. After talking for a while we decided we wanted to go swimming. The guys had to go get a car part for my dad's car, so it was just the girls. We had a blast. Our friend Michelle met us there since it was her dad's house. Michelle and Chrissy gave us diving lessons. I had never tried to dive before. After diving for a while I tried to do something that Chrissy told me to do and I must have done it wrong because I over arched my back and hurt it so badly. I was afraid I had injured it but I think it must have just been bruised. Thank the Lord! I am way too young to have an injured back! It still hurts some times a little but not much.
Friday we went to the State Fair. We got to see Stephanie's picture on display as well as several things belonging to some friends. I even rode a ride. I don't do that very often. It was a fun day but very long. 
Dale and Michelle came up on Saturday so we were all together. The girls totally outnumber the guys around this place! There were 10 girls and only 4 guys! It was a wonderful day. We played miniature golf in the afternoon. I won in my group! Came in second or third over all. I think Jonathan and Dad tied for first so that would make me third. I don't remember for sure. I guess that is what I get for waiting so long to post.
That evening we played music for a while. That was a lot of fun. Heather was kind of distracting though. We all kept watching her play. :) We ended the day with family prayer. That was a special time.
Rob preached on Sunday morning. We had pictures taken as soon as services were over. We didn't ask anyone to take them Beckisue just set the timer. They didn't turn out the greatest but they are okay. We try to get pictures every time they visit. When we were all done Beckisue was looking at the pictures and discovered that Jonathan was making a goofy face in all but a couple. Needless to say we were all mad at him. We had to go back up and try it again. I liked the pose on the steps but the camera didn't get set right and it was cutting off the top of Dale's head. Oh well.

Rob, Jonathan, and Stephanie rode this silly ride. All it did was drop you once!

Rob and Chrissy


The whole clan. Slightly off center but there. :)
Scalped Dale
And goofy Jonathan

1 comment:

Stepheny said...

Oh, is that one with the pink dress and white coler your sister? I know I saw her! I actually sat by in in something... I don't remember what though/

Steph