Saturday, December 27, 2008

A note to say I am still here...

Hello everyone! I know you all thought I had fallen off the face of the earth. I really haven't. I just haven't taken the time to write any new posts. I have tons of them to do. Including a wedding, an ice storm, Christmas, etc.
For now I will just tell a little of today. We have had tons of ice for the last week. We were all getting SO tired of it. Since we live at the top of a hill it makes it very difficult to go outside. It you step outside in any direction you have to go down. If you go down, you have to come back up. It was getting pretty frustrating. Well - Today was almost 65 degrees! It was SO wonderful. The ice was all melted by the time we got up this morning (it started melting yesterday afternoon). We spent many hours working out side today. We had to move many wheelbarrows full of wood from the shed to the porch. I can think of easier things to do than push a full wheelbarrow through very soft mud! We eventually got the porch loaded.
This afternoon a family from our church came over and helped us cut up a bunch of the branches that were in our yard from the ice storm. We lost branches all over the place. Richie used the chain saw and the rest of us hauled all the wood to the designated spots. Of course, this whole time we were slipping and sliding in MUD. Did I happen to mention that it was very, very muddy today?
We got a lot of work done today. We thank the Lord for the wonderful warm weather. It was gray, windy and a little rainy but the temperature felt WONDERFUL.

No comments: