Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A quick (or not so quick) over view of my day.

Just going to write a quick post like I would write an email at the end of a day to a friend. So just pretend you are the lucky recipient! :)

Today was Monica's birthday. She asked me to work with her this morning so she wouldn't have to work so long on her birthday. I agreed, of course. We cleaned a house that I have helped her clean several times before. The owners have a little baby and he and his mom were still there when we got there. That meant I got to play with him a little before they left and we started cleaning. (Smile!) He is the same age as my niece Keira. At first he would smile and cry at the same time when ever I would look at him but he cheered up really fast.

Monica kept asking what we should do for her birthday. No one could think of anything. We were going to bike a new bike trail but there were supposed to be wind gusts up to 40 mph today so we thought that might not be the best of ideas. Plan B. I decided we should go bowling.

When we got done cleaning Monica and I went into town to get the ingredients for her birthday pie. We got them all and looked at our cart. We about croaked at the amount of sugar in there! Fudge ice cream topping, chocolate pudding, coffee ice cream, graham cracker crust... you get the picture. Yowsers!

We had the "birthday dinner" at lunch since it was the only time everyone could be together. We had rotisserie chickens, corn, and salad.

We went into town and discovered the bowling alley was closed. What was that I said about Plan B? Now we are on Plan C! We talked about going home and just playing games and then Beckisue thought of going to Jim and Marge's to play horseshoes and other stuff. They let us of course. :) It was a perfect day. We stayed outside the whole time. Steph took some pictures. Maybe, just maybe, I will post some of them.

This evening we went to the Pettit's meeting again. Again I was mesmerized by the bowing arm of the violinist. It was absolutely amazing! All the music was beautiful!!

Steve Pettit preached on John 3:16. It was absolutely amazing yet again. I couldn't begin to describe it. I will just say it was unlike anything I have ever heard on that verse.

After the service I got to play my violin with the violinist from the team and the girl that I teach. It was lots of fun. I thought there were going to be more people but it ended up just being the three of us. The violinist has a twin sister who plays the cello. Both of them are incredible. My mom and sisters talked to the cellist while we were playing and then we all talked for a while. It was lots of fun. They were so sweet and bubbly!

We came home and had Monica's birthday pie and gave gifts. The pie was pretty yummy. It should have been with all that stuff in it! At least it better have been!

So that was my day. How was yours? ;)

Good night. Sweet dreams.

No comments: