Monday, April 5, 2010

Steve Pettit Team

A church in town is having special meetings this week with the Steve Pettit Evangelistic Team.  We just found out about it last night so we went in tonight. I am so glad we were able to. I got there about fifteen minutes late because mom had to be at the jail for the ladies' Bible study and I had to pick her up.
We missed several songs (Beckisue said we missed the best) but what we heard was fabulous. I LOVE to watch a *good* violinist play. It is so beautiful! I don't think there is an other instrument that is prettier to watch when it is played well. The cellist played beautifully and gracefully, too! :)
And for the sermon: I think if I had a top ten list of preachers, Steve Pettit would be on it! He is phenomenal.
The  sermon was from 1 John and dealt with confession of sin. I had never heard a sermon like that.  
So, aside from the IFB church gimmicks (that I absolutely HATE) the evening was wonderful. Hopefully we will get to go back almost every night this week.  We have two funerals to go to on Wednesday so I know we won't that night. TWO funerals in the same day. That is something I have never done before. Thankfully they are at two different times so we can attend both.

No comments: