Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Bondservant of Christ

I read a book when I was about 14 called "Not My Will." I still consider it to be one of the best novels I have ever read. In that book the author tells of a sermon preached on being "A Bond Servant of Jesus Christ."
Several years ago my dad preached a sermon by the same title. Of course, this being a real sermon and not just part of a book it was a lot more detailed. 
My dad has been preaching from Ephesian for several months now on "Who we are in Christ." Today he preached from Ephesian 3:1. "For this cause I Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ..."
I got to thinking about all this today and just wanted to say a little about it.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant. Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. 1 Corinthians 7:22-23

We have been purchased. We are called to be a "living sacrifice." Christ has bought us and called us out to be His own.
So it is with great joy that I tell you I am a servant! For my possessions, talents, and very life belong to my Master. 

2 comments:

Stepheny said...

I love those verses! They are so awesome! we owe God SO much!

Stepheny

Rhonda said...

Stepheny, Yes, we do. Everything actually. :)

Thanks for the comments. I think you have written more comments than anyone else on my blog and you don't even know me! :)