Friday, September 12, 2008

Strange Happenings

This afternoon my mom took my sisters and me shopping for my birthday. We walked into Jo-Ann Fabrics and I found fabric that I love almost immediately. I decided I would go back and look for a pattern. While I was looking there was a mother with a girl about 7 years old looking for a Halloween costume. The little girl decided that she wanted to be a witch. Her mother said that she has been a witch every year and didn't she want to be something else? The girl told her she liked witches. They went on for a few minutes and then the little girl says again "I only like witches, devils, and vampires." I about flipped but went calmly on looking through my pattern book. But things only got worse from there!
A woman sitting on the opposite side of the table says "Now there's a girl after my own heart!" Lady #1 (the mother) says "Well, she (talking about her daughter) lives in a house decorated for Halloween year around." At this point I knew we were getting into some serious stuff here! And then Lady #1 looks at Lady #2 and says "OH! You are Pagan!" (she was wearing jewelry with symbols on it) Lady #2 said "Yes!" One of them mentioned that you don't find to many around here and I thought "Thank God!" And then the conversation began! Yikes!!! They started discussing going to Witches Balls and Spirit Gatherings, etc. Finally I was like "I am out of here!!" and went to the other side of the store.
It was a very strange experience. One I hope isn't repeated!

1 comment:

BSBT said...

WOW!
That is not cool!
I don't know what I would have done, what you did I guess.
It is sad to me that people are really into that stuff.
There is more I want to say, but I need to get.
Maybe more later.