Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Window Painting (finally!)

Yesterday, Mom decided that while the ladder was up against the house (from when Jonathan was tuck-pointing) the half-circles at the top of the windows needed to be washed. Amanda volunteered me for the job since she hates ladders. Have I ever mentioned that I don't really like ladders either??? Well, after several minutes of making sure the ladder was locked in place I finally climbed up and washed the window. When I got back down I mentioned that what really needed to be done was the trim painted. I guess we decided that now was as good of time as any. So I went and changed my clothes and mom got the paint and I started. I didn't have any idea how much harder it was to paint brick than anything I have ever painted. It took forever! But by the time I got to the second window everything was much easier because I had gotten the hang of the painting and I had gotten over my fear of the ladder. I am always afraid of ladders when I first start a project but I soon get used to them. I guess I should use them more often!
The windows look SOO much better. Mom and I decided that they probably hadn't been painted since the original paining 140+ years ago. Now for the second story windows... I don't know who is going to do that! I am not. That ladder doesn't extend that high and I wouldn't climb it if it did! And then for the trim at the top of the house... Yikes!







5 comments:

Unknown said...

That really lifted the windows! When are you climbing up to the next level??? Save your energy for when you're here...I saved some unpacking for you! ;)

Rhonda said...

I said I didn't know who was doing the next level but it isn't going to be me!

Amber said...

OK Rhonda... Just build a deck all the way around your house just below the 2nd story windows.... :)

Chelle said...

Hey, tell your parents I'll do it. I love painting outside. I am crazy, I think Shelley would agree. There must be something wrong since I enjoy work. LOL.

Rhonda said...

Michelle, It's a deal! You come over and paint and I will help you! You can do the upstairs windows and I will do all the downstairs. I will even do the bottom of the upstairs windows! :)