Monday, September 22, 2008

My Birthday

I am at a point right now that I don't think I will ever get caught up on my posting! I have so many things to tell about. Right now I don't feel like doing any of it but if I don't start I won't ever get any of it done! (that was profound, I know!)
I enjoy blogging but I really don't like posting pictures... So I decided for this post I would let you all look at my sisters' blogs (Steph, Amanda).
I will just tell you about it.
Mom took Amanda and me shopping for our birthdays (Amanda hadn't gotten to go since we left for MI on her birthday). We left SOO much later than we were supposed to we didn't get a lot of time to shop. But it didn't really matter since I found what I wanted as soon as I walked in to Jo-Ann's.
When we got home Dale, Michelle, and Heather were at our house. We didn't mind leaving shopping early since we knew they were waiting for us at the house.
We had roast beef, green beans, salad, and mashed potatoes for supper. It was very yummy! And we had the best birthday cake I think I have ever had! It was a peach dump cake made with fresh peaches and not pie filling. It was sooo good! When I got my cake and ice cream, I was sitting on the trampoline in the living room and Heather came and sat in my lap because she wanted to eat some too. I was feeding her some of the "cream" as she calls it. At one point I stopped feeding her for a minute and she grabbed my arm and started guiding the spoon to her mouth. I thought my mom was going to die laughing. Of course, the funniest part was when I was being mean to her. I got a bite on the spoon and took it right PAST her mouth into mine. It was so funny! She dropped her mouth open and just followed the spoon trying to get it. Aren't I a horribly mean aunt???? I have such fun teasing her! Like last year on mom's birthday when she was begging for food off my plate. She wasn't old enough to eat any of it but she was very insistent. So I finally dipped my finger in the honey mustard and stuck it in her mouth! That cured her. She dropped all the other food out of her mouth. That was a blast. I told you all I was mean! She loves me anyway. When we drove up to church yesterday she was on the side walk and yelled "Rhona" as soon as we drove up!
I am supposed to be posting pictures of all my gifts. I will get around to it some day. I have to take them first. I promised Chrissy a picture of the wall-hanging quilt that Amanda made me. It is absolutely beautiful.
One day I will get caught up on all my posting (or maybe not!).

1 comment:

Stepheny said...

Lazy Lazy Rhonda! lol :)

I'll be looking for a REAL post soon! :)
jk jk jk

:)Steph

P.s., I really enjoyed looking at your sister Stepanie's blog...

P.S.S When are you going to add me to your blog roll????? lol :)