Monday, September 1, 2008

The Graduation

I had the great blessing of making an other trip to Michigan this week. My friends Bethany and Lydia were graduating. I wanted to attend so badly and at the last minute it worked out to ride with some friends. We left Friday afternoon. On the way up we stopped at a restaurant just north of Grand Rapids. The funniest thing happened. We had just been seated and these two ladies got up from a table near us. I was looking down at the menu and I noticed one of them walk up to our table. I looked up as this girl said "You went to the Home School Alumni Reunion." (I was wearing my t-shirt from the reunion.) I was totally surprised to meet some one from there. It was so much fun. We chatted for just a few minute and we exchanged HSA screen names.
We arrived at our destination about 10:00. Since surprises were everywhere I wasn't to see Bethany until Sunday. I got to stay with Tony and Hannah. I greatly enjoyed it. They were so kind to let me come barging in on them for the weekend. (and even keep them up until all hours of the night)
Saturday we went to Tony's parents house and spent the day. Tony and his dad cut wood and the three ladies spent the day talking, playing games, talking, cutting jalapeno, talking, fixing lunch, and talking. :) We had a wonderful time together.
Sunday was the big day. When we arrived at church Bethany was sitting on the railing outside the fellowship hall door. I walked up behind her and tapped her. She turned around and started laughing and then gave me a huge hug. It was a success. My coming was a total surprise. She told me later that the day before she had gotten to thinking that it was too bad that no one had thought about me riding up with Cyndy and Sandy which is exactly what I did! :)
The graduation ceremony started at 1:30. As soon as it started I was I knew just why I wanted to be there so badly. I was so thankful to have been able to make it. The ceremony was wonderful. Both girls and their parents giving such a testimony of their love for our Savior and a great desire to glorify Him.
After the ceremony everyone ate and talked. The ending of every activity. :) I enjoyed getting to spend time with so many friends.
When everyone went home I went down to Bethany's house. That evening the whole group, 14 people I think, went to get supper. We got our food and took it to the picnic tables by the lake. It was an other great evening. Even if I kept sinking in the ground because I still had my heels on. :) There were several ducks that came to visit as soon as they discovered there was food around. Brad and Jessica's (Bethany's brother-in-law and sister) kids had a blast feeding french fries to them.
With Monday morning came the sad part of every trip, having to say good bye. Though I would like to have stayed longer I was so thankful to have been able to go I couldn't complain about anything! All in all it was a wonderful trip.

1 comment:

Stepheny said...

SOunds like you had such a great time! How nice it was for you to come down just for her!

Steph