Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby news!!! and other mundane (in comparison) news

This morning before Monica and I left for music lessons I was informed that we were going straight to my cousins house from lessons. I didn't mind this but I think everyone knew except me. My cousin Bryan and his wife Leah flew in from Arizona and were only going to be at his sisters house for a few hours. I would say what the plans were supposed to be but they all got changed. I guess I will just cut to the chase and say what did happen. Nothing around the Cosby household ever happens the way it is planned! I guess it just keeps life interesting.
We decided that if Grandma was going to be able to see them she was going to have to go with us. Mom drove to meet us with Grandma on our way back through from lessons. Bryan and Leah were going to be a lot later than planned so we weren't in a big hurry. We stopped at Dale and Michelle's on the way down so we could see Heather. (notice I didn't say "So we could see Dale and Michelle") :) Being an aunt is SO much fun. When I walked into their apartment Heather was sitting in her little chair watching a movie. She was all laid back and look about half asleep. She saw me and her eyes got big, she gasped and she got up and started jabbering so fast. I have no idea what she said but it ended with "Mary Poppins" and that was the movie she was watching. I guess she was telling me all about it. Each time I see her she has knew words she has learned. She talks all the time though it is in her own language. It is funny because every once in a while we can actually pick out a word that she says. Dale turned on a Youtube video of a baseball game and she started cheering. It was SOOOO cute. I have seen her claps for stuff lots of times but she was waving her arms in the air and saying "Yea" and all kind of other things. It was hilarious!!!
When we got to Bethany's house we watched her four kids swim for a while. They are so cute. We had a couple of hours to spend with them before Bryan and Leah got there. As I said our plans got totally changed. We had planned to leave for home at 4:00 but Bryan and Leah didn't even get there until after 5:00. So we stayed until 7:30.
Tonight was Monica's night to take over for her shift at Fran's house so we drove straight up there. Just before we got there my cousin Erin called. She is the one that got married last month. I was expecting her to say that her wedding pictures had been posted on the internet. But she had much more exciting news than that! She is going to have a baby!! I had to laugh though because she had planned to "wait" a year. Ha! What was it I was saying about plans changing?? They are very excited and I am very excited for them!

As for God, His way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him. Psalm 18:30

So see? Even if plans change they are still perfect!

No comments: