Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Week in Review

Jonathan came home from Kansas on Sunday evening. He worked at Amazing Grace Baptist Camp for about 6 weeks. In typical Jonathan fashion he didn't stay here long. He is in Canada now. Our neighbors invited him to go to their vacation home with them. He is supposed to come back Tuesday.
Monday Stephanie and I cleaned a new house. This is the first time Stephanie and I have worked together like this. Usually our jobs are just one person jobs but this one was huge. It took the two of us 4 hours to clean one level of this house. It had massive amounts of woodwork to dust! I am not sure if we will continue to clean there or not. She said she would let me know. It was kind of expensive because the amount of work. We earned it though, believe me! We worked so hard and so fast. I have NEVER cleaned a house moving that quickly.
Wednesday Dale, Michelle and Heather came up for the day. We celebrated Dale's birthday a little late. Michelle decided she wanted to do a project while she was up here so Mom decided it would be a good time to take out our back porch. The concrete was all breaking and wobbly. Michelle grabbed the sledge hammer and started swinging. After they got most of the top off I went out and helped break up the concrete from the big rocks underneath. Now that is gone and we just have to get it replaced. I wonder how long that will take? For supper that night we had chimichangas (which seems to be almost mandatory for birthday dinners around here). Brian came and so did Daniel Monticue. I will have to do a special post about the excitement of that evening when I get the pictures on the computer.
At the beginning of the Summer a man in our church told us we could go over to his house and swim anytime we wanted. Since he lives about a half hour away, and this Summer has been SO busy we hadn't gotten a chance yet. Finally we decided that we should go after our music lessons on Thursday since he doesn't live far from my teacher. Monica, Amanda, Stephanie and I all went. This man's daughter, Michelle, and her two year old son met us there and swam too. We had so much fun!!! I hadn't been swimming in a pool that I couldn't touch the bottom in a long time. This pool was 20 x 40 and 9 feet deep. It had a diving board and a water slide. When we first got there you would have thought I was five. I jumped in climbed out and slid in, climbed out and went off the diving board, climbed and and jumped in a different way... After a while I started to get kind of tired. We enjoyed it SO much. Hopefully we will be able to swim there again before the Summer is over.
I bought a piece of fabric a couple of years ago that I absolutely loved. It was supposed to be for a skirt but I never used it because I didn't have a shirt that went with it and why bother making the skirt if I can't wear it? Today I was looking in my fabric cabinet and I saw that and remembered a new shirt I just got. I ran down stairs and sure enough they matched. So I found a pattern and started cutting right after lunch. It was a very basic pattern and I finished it already. It turned out really cute but it is too big. Oh well, I guess it is better than being too small. I can still wear it this way.
Beckisue was given a coupon for a free game of miniature golf for six people a few weeks ago. It expires next week so we decided we had better use it today since this will be our last chance. There were exactly six of us home today. We didn't even know that miniature golf place was there! We go often to a place in the middle of town. This place is on the edge of town at the entrance to a golf course. It was 18 holes instead of 9 like the place we usually go. It was kind of fun to play new holes with new obstacles to figure out.
Beckisue also had her carry out card from Papa John's full so she got a free pizza and bread sticks. So when we were finished playing mini golf we got pizza and went to the park to eat it. It was such a beautiful evening for a picnic!
BTW, Hi Uncle Bob! Michelle told me she told you about my blog. I have since been seeing Johnson City on my blog map. I am assuming that is you. :) Hope you enjoy keeping up with the Cosby happenings. :) Feel free to comment sometime and say hi.
Next week promises to be even busier than this one. Yikes! I will update when I can.

No comments: