Saturday, July 5, 2008

This Week

An other busy week has flown by. I started my piano and violin lessons again. I took about six weeks off from the violin and about four months from piano. I didn't intend for it to be that long but for many different reasons it just happened that way.
My sisters and I spent quite a bit of time this week picking black raspberries and mulberries. We had never canned mulberries before so I decided I wanted to try it. Amanda canned a batch of strawberry-rhubarb jam and I canned a batch of mulberry-rhubarb, mulberry, and black raspberry. They all turned out well.
My family and I went to a party last night in town. A group of friends live on the same street (most of them are related to each other and the ones who aren't related attend the same church as the rest) hosted a big party. It was fun. This was their second year to do this. Both years we have been surprised by seeing people there that we knew but didn't know that they knew the hosts. The hosts were surprised last year twice that we knew some of the people. I guess we know a lot of people around town for only living here eight years.
It seems that there were many more things to tell about this week but I am so tired right now I can't think of any. So I guess I won't ramble any longer.

No comments: