Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Journaling, piano practice... and Berries!

Everyone is probably getting tired of reading my day-to-day happenings but the reason I started this blog in the first place was so I could keep it like a journal. So, if you are too bored find someone else's blog. :)
Today was pretty boring compared to yesterday. It could have been as full but I was too lazy. I weeded the garden for the normal half hour this morning. I try to get out as early as possible before it gets too hot. This morning is was almost 8 which is later than I like. But thankfully it wasn't terribly hot.
I made an other batch of jam this morning. I used the berries we picked yesterday morning. I have never picked so many berries or made so much jam in my life. I think I have picked more berries this year than I ever have in my life put together! Amanda and I have enjoyed it. I forgot to say yesterday that Amanda froze two quarts of peas and canned 2.5 quarts of blueberry jam. She picked and froze an other two quarts of peas today. We really like snap peas so we are hoping to get a lot this summer. So far they are producing very well.
A funny thing happened this morning while I was practicing the piano. I set the timer for 10 minutes for this one song I was working on. I kept playing it over and over until I thought the timer was never going to go off! Finally I looked at my phone and realized that the timer was set for 11:50 PM not AM. I had been playing that song for 20 minutes. I guess if I had kept playing it until the alarm went off I would have known the song VERY well.
My Aunt Cathy and Uncle Mike came for a visit this evening. They will head home in the morning. I am not sure how late they will stay. Usually they leave pretty early when they come. Hopefully it won't be terribly early this time since they didn't get here very early.
A word of wisdom for everyone: Don't hang white sheets on the line during mulberry season. Very bad idea. When my sheets came in tonight they had almost as much purple as white. Not quite - but it was pretty bad! I rewashed them and I think all the spots came out. This time I put them in the drier.
That was basically my day.

No comments: