Friday, July 11, 2008

Still more quilting and blueberry picking

Beckisue, Amanda, Rhenda and I went to pick blueberries again this afternoon. It wasn't the nicest of trips. It was very hot and there weren't a lot of ripe berries. With three of us picking for almost two hours we only got a little over 14 pounds. Rhenda only got 6.
On the way home Rhenda decided she wanted ice cream. Of course, the rest of us decided it sounded pretty good too! So we took a slight detour to go to an ice cream shop on the way home.
Just before we left to pick berries and as soon as we got back we were quilting like mad. We are going to enter Rob and Chrissy's quilt in the fair tomorrow. We are cutting it pretty close. We finished the quilting before supper and then just had the binding left. Mom had the binding strips ready to sew on and when she was almost finished she realized that she was short about 18 inches of binding! Yikes!! We didn't even know if we had any fabric left. The binding strips were cut a long time ago. We started looking through everything. I finally found a piece and Mom and Amanda were able to cut more out of it.
We did the hand stitching of the binding tonight while we watched one of Vision Forum's History of the World DVDs. We had tried to watch this particular one twice before and weren't able to finish it so I was glad that we finally made it all the way through. I was at the conference that the video's were from but that was two years ago. I need my memory refreshed. :)
I will just skip the rest of the details of the day. My posts have been pretty lengthy lately!

3 comments:

Anna Joy said...

You changed you template!!!! I love it! :)

Anna Joy said...

*your

Rhonda said...

I was really getting tired of the old one. This is just one they had. I didn't even change any colors. I am not sure I like it all that well but it will probably stay for a while. I don't seem to change things like that very often!