Thursday, July 3, 2008

An Evening with Dale and Michelle

Dale, Michelle, and Heather came to visit this evening. Dale needed to see if he could fix Monica's computer. It crashed the other day (yes, even Mac's crash occasionally) and all of Stephanie's pictures are on it for 4-H. She has to have her projects done by Monday. Yikes! He thinks he can get them off there tonight and send them to Steph. Hopefully he can or her photography projects just might not get done. She has taken some beautiful pictures. It would be sad to lose them!
We fixed a big supper for them. I am not sure why because it was too hot in the kitchen to cook that much. We had fried chicken, snow peas and onions, squash and onions (the peas and squash were from our garden) mashed potatoes and gravy, and salad (the lettuce was also from our garden). That is a LOT of food for one meal! Which means a lot of dishes. We enjoyed it anyway.
Dale wanted to go put-putting after supper. Heather had never gone before. She loved it. Of course she didn't want to stay off the green while others were playing. It was the craziest game I have ever played!
After the game we ate blueberry pie and ice cream that we had brought along. Though the ice cream had been doubly insulated it was still melting by the time we ate it. It was good anyway.
We went to the play ground next. Heather slid down the slide many times. That is her favorite. She calls it "the wee." I held her up to the monkey bars and she actually lifted herself up! Of course she doesn't weigh much. I held Heather on the swing and Dale decided he would pull her off so we counted "1...2...3..." and he grabbed her. THEN Dale decided to put her back on but didn't tell me. I swung forward and he held Heather out to me. I wasn't looking so her head and my lip collided. Heather of course cried for a while and I told Dale to warn me next time. I now have a fat lip!
It was an absolutely beautiful evening for an outing. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.

3 comments:

BSBT said...

Owch! :~() :) sounds fun!

Michelle said...

You forgot to mention the blueberry pie that Amanda made, and we ate it with Vanilla ice cream!

Rhonda said...

"After the game we ate blueberry pie and ice cream that we had brought along."

I didn't forget. You must not have read it very well. :)