Sunday, July 6, 2008

Today

We had a wonderful day at church today. We were missing many members though. The sermon was excellent. It was titled (actually, I don't know if it really had a title) "But God." Dad dealt with biblical accounts were everything looked hopeless from a human standpoint, 'but God' had other plans.
This afternoon I took a nap when I got home. I always love Sunday rests! When I got up I went out side and three guys from our church were trying out our new wood splitter. I think they were having a lot of fun. I was SO happy to see it work because I was very scared of the thing when I imagined how it would work. I thought it would chop very fast and it would be dangerous but this goes very slowly. Rich, the man who made sure everything was running right, said that hydraulic splitters are slow but powerful. I am so thankful that the Lord provided this splitter for us. It was WELL worth the $380!!! I am also very thankful that Brian, Rich, and Chay are willing to help with so many things. Since all of my brothers are out of the house now there are just some things we can't do. This splitter is so easy though that I think we could handle it though. We are already well acquainted with hauling wood. That isn't a problem.
We played a new game with Brian and Chay tonight. It was fun! It was kind of like the books I Spy in game form. I think it will be a new favorite.
Brian decided to set off fire works after the game. I didn't go out but after a few minutes I decided to look out the window and watch. I opened the screen and was leaning out. They set one off that shot one right after an other in the air. There was just one problem! After the first couple it fell over and started shooting were it really shouldn't! It shot one straight at our house and one went skimming right by Stephanie. Brian said he got a little something in his eye! I think fireworks are a little scary. We are thankful once again for God's protection.
Speaking of God's protection... Thursday morning Brian and his dad were helping his brother and sister-in-law re-roof their house. Brian hadn't been working long and he slipped and fell off. He fell about 12 feet onto the deck. He landed face first. His eyes are black and he has a scratch on his nose. He also injured his knee. As far as we know there weren't any serious injuries though. I kept teasing him about his eye makeup. His knee is bothering him the most. Hopefully it is just bruised and the pain will go away.

1 comment:

Amber said...

WOW Rhonda!! I haven't been on your blog in a couple days and you Suprized me by 3 Posts!!
Congrats on keeping your Blog updated too. :)